Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Beginning of Ends

So, I sit at the end of my last semester break before my last semester of grad school.  It's really the beginning of the end for me.  And this is a good thing.

To sum up my last break I did a lot of reading fiction (a total of 4.5 books), I worked on my thesis, competing the bulk of the methods section.  I drank a lot of coffee, slept in more than I have since beginning grad school, and did a whole lot of nothing important (aside from my thesis, that is).  All in all it was a good break.

And now I'm about to embark on the last journey - hooray!!!!!

Anyway, I didn't begin this with the intention of reminiscing on how this is the beginning of ends - "ahh, it's the end of grad school" [identity crisis to ensue shortly].

I actually wanted to write about the latest book I read, "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold.  I really liked the first 4/5.  The ending was just CRAPPY!  I had heard such good things about it, and was just annoyed by how it ended.  I won't spoil it for you, but anyway, just know that I wasn't impressed.

Anyway, in an effort to get to class on time, I'm signing off. 

No comments: