Thursday, September 20, 2007

Grumble, rant, grumble

Sorry, I promise I will not use this blog to rant and rave against 'the man' or anyone else for that matter ... but I am a little bit frustrated today.  I went to the library to get some articles for my thesis.  They were archived journals, so they are not for circulation.  Anyway, I forgot my copy card (mistake #1), then I forgot to bring cash to buy another one (mistake #2).  I really didn't want to buy another one (I have two already).  So, then I asked an aide if the library had any scanners I could use.  Of course they do not.  The computer lab, which is connected to the library, has some, but the librarians would not allow me to take the journals out of the library.  I would have left them my ID and/or my license ... ah but to no avail.  So I politely requested the library invest in getting some scanners.

In other news:

I forgot how awful giving standardized tests are.  I evaluated a boy at my internship today (the PLS4 - Preschool Language Scale 4th edition).  Even though I've given it several times, I always forget how awful it is to give.  You want the kid to do well, yet the better the kid does the more torture you are put through.  Today was especially difficult - in order to end the test you have to establish a ceiling (6 wrong answers in a row) - anyway the boy I was testing got 5 wrong in a row - and then got the 6th one right - which means we have to start establishing a ceiling all over again.  Which means he got 11 of the last 12 questions wrong.  The poor guy.

Side note: the office assistant from my old job (the Civic theatre) just walked into the coffee shop I'm in - I don't think she recognized me.

Anyway.  It's almost 7 I think it's time for dinner.

No comments: