Monday, July 7, 2008

Update ...

So, it is about time I gave an update on the good ol' job search.  

Sadly, it doesn't look like California is working out for me.  I was rejected from one place, terminated my application at another (that is a whole other blog post ... to be relayed later), and got one job offer that I'm not too terribly excited about (they ascribe to a therapy paradigm that I think it absolute crack science).  Then, up in Washington, I have virtually gotten an offer (contingent on references and letters of recommendation ... these should all be fine).  And then I'm waiting to hear from the final place (which coincidentally is the job I like the most ... grrrr ... if patience is a virtue you can keep it).  They will get back to me the end of July. 

Meanwhile, I am sending out more applications.  This time, I think I'm going into a more medical focus ... I'm sending applications to various Veteran's Affairs hospitals (Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, So. Cal., DC).  I do have the opportunity for a phone interview with Cincinnati Children's Hospital - but it's for a satellite campus for psychologically impaired kids - not sure that's exactly what I'm looking for, we'll see.

Anyway, that's my job search life in a infinitesimal nutshell.  Hopefully it suffices for now.

No comments: