Friday, May 23, 2008

Cappuccino and Labradoodles

So I'm dog sitting / house sitting this weekend.  Hamish - my professors' labradoodle.  He's a good dog.  Likes to lick feet.  He is, as my professors' daughter calls him, a 'special needs' dog.  He has seizures.  They aren't sure why, but he gets phenobarbital twice a day.  I think he had just come out of a seizure when I got here today (around 10:45 am).  His rug was wet (sometimes he looses bladder control), he was restless (pacing back and forth - he does that afterwards), and he was leery of going down the stairs (also, he does that afterwards too).  So, we sat on the floor, I petted him and read a book and he chewed on a chew toy.  30 minutes later he was just fine.

My professor's husband (ok, for clarification, she is my professor, he is a professor in the department, but has never been my professor), anyway back to my story.  He likes to have espresso in the morning.  I can completely understand that.  I would have espresso to if I (a) had the proper equipment to make it (b) got up in the morning in time to make it.  So, seems how it was here, and I was feeling like an afternoon pick-me-up, I made myself a cappuccino.  (for those of you who don't know, cappuccino is espresso with steamed milk) except I just realized that I didn't steam the milk, I only whipped it.  Eh, so I had mild temperature espresso, versus steaming hot espresso - next time.  

ANYWAY, sorry about the tangential conversation.  The cappuccino, it was (is) delicious.  It could be a little warmer (refer back to the fact that I didn't steam the milk).  On a second note, I have officially drank milk (well, not just plain milk) but nevertheless, cow's milk in something.  That is the first time I've had milk in ... I don't remember how long.  (for those of you who don't know, I don't particularly care for milk; thus, I never buy it and rarely ever drink it ... but I do by soy / rice milk - it's actually quite good you should try it.  I've got rice milk now, especially good with Cheerios).

In other news, I have submitted my thesis, in it's entirety, to my thesis committee.  Effectively, I am DONE writing.  DONE?!?  Yes, after my defense next Wednesday and then made the forthcoming edits from my committee, and then get all the paperwork and other "requirements" done, I will have finished all the requirements for my masters degree. It is an exciting time to  be Bryan.

Without further adieu, I think I'm going to go reward myself with reading a chapter in my book.  I will talk to you later. 

No comments: