Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Something's Brewing

Incidentally Something's Brewing is the name of a coffeeshop here in Kalamazoo ... I'm not there. right now I'm at Waterstreet (OOH! something new and different for me).  Anyway, so in my week of hard-core job searching I now have a private practice in Seattle and a hospital in San Francisco that want to interview me.  So I'm hoping to get one more interview in each city and then make a mad dash of the northwest coast sometime in early June.  Here is the plan: fly out to San Fran (stay with my friend Joel ... hopefully), interview, take a train to Sacremento see Ben and Crystal, then fly to Seattle (stay with friends of friends ... hopefully), interview, fly back home, and then get job offers in both places and pick the one that pays the most.  I don't know that it will work that smoothly.  I agreed to play at a wedding on June 14 - and that is really cramping my style, because ideally I'd like to push my 'mad-dash-of-the-west-coast' back a week, but then I'd be gone over that wedding weekend.  grrrrr.

Anyway, enough break ... "Back to the thesis grindstone, slave," the evil task master screams, his face purple from the surge of angry blood into his capillaries.  

No comments: