Thursday, May 29, 2008

And there was MUCH rejoicing

Guess what ... you guessed it ... I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  All I've got to do is print the first page again - the computer lab doesn't have the font that I need.  Then I have to hand it in and then I'm done.  So, life is good.

In more good news, my thesis advisor and I were talking and he encouraged me to continue on in academia and pursue a PhD.  He also said that it is rare to find a student with the skill / talent and temperament necessary to do well in a PhD program, and he and the rest of my committee think that I would thrive in a doctorate program.  Crazy.  So, I'm certainly glad that I am taking a break from school to work, but I will continue my thoughts of pursuing a PhD.  wow. that's weird.

One thing I need to consider before pursuing this advanced degree is the manner in which I will manage my speech during lectures.  I need to talk with other professors that stutter to see what they do / what has helped them etc.

Anyway.  Other than that nothing much is new around here.  I"M DONE!!!!

2 comments:

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy said...

Congratulations!!

(Please ignore the "removed by author" thing...it posted before I was done typing and then wouldn't let me edit. Silly Blogger.)