Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Bryan

Hey! I'm 26! Virtually as old as the Dead Sea Scrolls, I know I know - shut it!

Anyway, I got an absolutely fabulous birthday present today ... I've been working with a staffing company in the Northwest Region (Infinity Rehab), anyway. For a while there were not any speech openings in Seattle (where I would love to be living); however, they do have positions in Tacoma. So - we had been exploring the possibility of working/living in Tacoma. Anyway. I had a phone interview with the therapy director (a COTA - for those of you who care), and had a great interview - later I was told that I had "aced" the interview. Anyway - not the point. The point is that while following up with the Washington recruiter, she told me that a position in Seattle had just opened up! So, she began telling me about it. And it sounds like it could be pretty cool. The only thing is - that after thinking about living in Tacoma I had kinda become attached to the idea of living in Tacoma. (such is life, eh). So, the recruiter said it would be perfect if I could come visit each place and choose the better of the two for me.

So, there will probably be another trip out to the great Northwest in the near future (but not 'till the end of August / beginning of September). I might get to live in Seattle after all!! I LOVE Seattle - it says to me: "Bryan, I am your home."

So, other than that the only other news to report is - that I had a great time eating sushi with grad school friends. We all got different rolls and shared it was delicious. I got the spider roll (soft shell crab, asparagus, avocado and egg cake - delicious). Then we went out for ice cream afterwards (at Plum Crazzy). I got the peanut butter fudge ice cream (surprise, he got something with peanut butter in it!?!?).

Anyway, I'm at fourth coast (another coffee shop in town, but this one's not smoke free) and my eyes are burning. I'm here because it has internet (my house has no internet for the time being) and it was close to where I was (my car was at the library). But in an effort to save my eyes, lungs, larynx and clothes I'm going to shut up and leave this place. Ok ... bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like reading your blog. Love mom