Thursday, August 28, 2008

Should have brought a coat!!!

That's what I'm thinking right now: I should have brought a coat. Not because it's rainy, but because I'M COLD!!!! Of course, I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm sitting directly beneath an air conditioning vent in the coffee shop I'm in. Which begs the question - why is the air conditioning on anyway - it's only 65 degrees outside!!

Anyway. The skies are still gray and I still don't hate my life from lack of sunlight! (Course, I've never really disliked cloudy days anyway). Today I'm in Seattle's Fremont neighborhood. I walked around Seattle Pacific University for a bit, and right now I'm looking out the window at the Aurora Bridge and as soon as my coffee is gone (approximately 20 minutes) I'll be going to see the Seattle Troll. For those of you who have seen the movie 10 Things I Hate About You, there is a scene where Cameron and Bianca have a conversation while sitting on the troll.

So - enough of this blabbing blitheringly (do you like my atrocious alliteration?) What about the facilities I toured yesterday? Ok, so I toured two facilities yesterday. If I am offered this job I will be half time in each facility. Not altogether a bad deal - they are just about 5 minutes apart. So the first place: Richmond Beach Rehab. Really nice cottage style building, yellow siding, nice big windows. Looks like a fairly new building. There were decorations on the wall, nice carpeting, good wall treatments etc etc etc. Basically - they take care of the building and it shows. The patients were smiling, joking with the support and therapy staff. I met with the rehab director (a physical therapist) any my CFY supervisor. We had a great conversation. They gave me lunch, it was great. (And it's like two blocks from the Puget Sound - so it's really close to the water!) So, there was at least one flaw I can think of: there was a general lack of parking. The second place, Crista (I forget their whole name - it's just referred to as Crista). Anyway. Once again - very nice building. This one looks like a castle. It's crazy. However, the building where I'd be working is not the building that looks like a castle. It's one of the outbuildings. The staff was congenial and fun to interact with. There was a bit of confusion because I was told I was supposed to talk with Deb. Well, there were two Debs, and so the front desk attendant called the wrong Deb and there was a little mix up because she didn't know she was interviewing someone and mass pandemonium. But 5 minutes later we figured everything out and we shared a laugh over it. But fun staff, it's a busy place, which is kinda nice. It's organized in a functional way, the patients were smiling and joking with the staff - so once again, it seems like it would be a good place to work.

So, after the tours I called my recruiter and told her that I would rather work in the Seattle locations. She is 'doing her thing' and should have an offer for me on Friday. We'll see what happens (if the stars align just right so I can work in the Seattle facilities - I guess it may take some finagling because there are two facilities so we'll see what happens). Anyway, I should have an update tomorrow.

Yay!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The stars don't align right. God works!