Monday, August 4, 2008

I Hate Murphy and his Law

So, I'm still waiting on the job situation.  No real updates.  I did hear back from the private practice in Seattle.  They said that now they will not know until the end of August (because the lady who is leaving pushed her leave date back to the end of September).  Now this says a couple things to me: 1 - I'm not exactly what they're looking for (if I was then there wouldn't be a need to wait until the end of August), 2 - I'm not what they are not looking for (if that were true then they would just tell me that they decided to go with someone else).  

So, I have essentially begun my job search again.  I've contacted a couple contract companies, but if they do not have what I'm looking for I'm not going to mess with them.  And I've also begun expanding my job search outside of the pacific northwest region; however, my own personal rule for applying for jobs outside of Seattle is that they must be really good jobs where I would see a lot of interesting cases.  So, I'm applying to a lot of hospitals.  There was on in Indianapolis, two in Washington DC, a bunch in southern California (smog, yuck!), and one in Seattle (this is a great job in a great place - too good to be true, so Murphy's Law will take effect and I wont get this one, I'm not be pessimistic, just realistic).

So, time will tell.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments: