Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Jobs Jobs Jobs

So - I've got some leads.

I've requested more information about a job in Tacoma, Washington (about 45 mins south of Seattle). Tacoma is not as big as Seattle, but there's still about 200,000 people there, so it's not a minuscule city. I've heard it's got a smell to it, but I've never been there, so I can't vouch.

I also had a phone interview with the Long Beach, CA Veteran's Affairs Hospital. This would be a really good job. It's not exactly where I would want to be in the VA system, but it's a foot in the door. Long Beach is bigger than I expected - 400,000 people. So - that's a nice surprise. And it's much more affordable than the SF bay area, and it's in Los Angeles County and not the insanely over priced Orange County. We'll see what happens.

I'm still waiting to hear from some places I submitted applications (i.e., Seattle Children's Hospital, Indiana Rehabilitation Hospital, etc) ... so hopefully I'll get more leads soon!!

No comments: