Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Before My Interview

Ok – so Seattle must be a haven for adults with disabilities who use wheelchairs – in my 10 minute walk downtown I saw no less than 3 adults (2 men 1 woman) wheeling around downtown.  Oddly enough, all of them with some spasticity.   That is more people I have observed at any one time!  And all in the same couple blocks!  Right now I’m a couple blocks from my interview, in a Tully’s Coffee House, listening to Beautiful by James Blunt.  My interview begins in 30 minutes.  I like this neighborhood.  To my right an Irish pub, directly across a party store sporting rainbow flags, next to this a Thai restaurant with some language scrawl I cannot recognize (what language do they speak in Thailand?), next to this a pizza house, followed by a little two screen movie theatre that reminds me so much of the old Main Theatre in downtown Coldwater.  Kitty-corner to me is a Washington Mutual bank with a banner for the “Wallingford Seafair Kiddies Parade and Festival” (Wallingford is the name of this neighborhood).  Finally, a Starbucks just a couple doors down on the left.   If my seat were 15 feet over I would have a fantastic view of downtown Seattle, but then I would also be sitting in the street – so I’m opting for the safer, yet less picturesque seat.  The bus system is much easier to manage than in San Francisco. 

The clouds have mostly disappeared and there is a playful blue sky overhead.  While riding the bus here I was able to see the mountains, I passed by the Space Needle.  I was told that I need to go do that, even though it’s a bit tourist-y.  The lady I’m interviewing with and I have been communicating via email and she has given me lots of ideas on what to do / see while in Seattle.  I’m excited.  I also got to see Pike Place Market … didn’t go in, because I was over laden with my stuff.  Tomorrow.  Anyway, my interview is in 20 minutes I think I’ll post this and then begin walking down the street to my interview.

Never mind, the internet has decided to stop working – I’ll post it later.  TTFN! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Thailand, they speak.....Tai.

A Summery of Tai Languages

b squared said...

Hey thanks