Thursday, June 19, 2008

Out West Extravaganza - Recap

Ok, so it's about 7:20 on Thursday morning.  I figured I would recap what I have been doing thus far.

Firstly - the multiple train systems are interesting - confusing, but interesting.  
Secondly - the weather - amazing.  I love it.  It may have reached a high of 85 (with no humidity - ahh, beautiful)
Thirdly - I have had two interviews (have a third scheduled in a little bit), make that three interviews and one job offer. Yes!  A private practice, Peninsula Associates, offered me a position working at the Morgan Autism Center in San Jose, CA.  (this is of course, with the condition that my references provide strong recommendations of me, but barring awful reviews, I have at least one job offer).
Fourthly - I don't really like being on Michigan time while staying in California.  I get tired early and then I wake up early.  The waking up early part doesn't bother me so much, but I feel bad when I start yawning and the people I'm hanging out with feel obligated to go home.  Oh well.
Fifthly - the traffic is awful.  But it's kinda fun.  I'm a more aggressive driver than most Californians.  (Granted I'm more aggressive than most Michigan drivers as well).  But they don't speed like we do in Michigan.  Interesting.  They allow U-turns all over the place - kinda fun.  
Sixthly - I have discovered the other side of of the uber liberal San Francisco Politics - uber conservative politics down on the peninsula.  Interesting.
Finally - I'm finally going to head up to the city today.  I get to walk around San Francisco and do that whole thing.  So excited.

Anyway - that's a basic summary of my Out West Extravaganza.  Now, I'm going to go get ready for my interview.

No comments: