Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Interviewing: Commence

So I bought my tickets for my "Out West Extravaganza" today - just now in fact.  The cost of the ticket from Chicago to San Francisco jumped $50 from yesterday to today, but the ticket from Seattle to Chicago dropped $70 - imagine that.  And I was able to save about $100 by flying out of Chicago rather than Detroit (even with the cost of gas to Michigan City, IN and the commuter rail into the city).  Anyway - I have dates!  I fly to San Francisco on June 17, then on the 20th (or so) I'll take the train to Sacramento, spend with weekend with my brother and sister-in-law, then on the 23rd fly to Seattle, and then fly back to Chicago on the 26th.  It should be a grand adventure.  A mad dash across the west coast.  Can't wait.

In other blog worthy news, I was at O'Duffy's last night with Scott, and a couple interesting things happened.  (1) I saw my old band director from high school (Mr. Jordan).  That was odd.  He's doing well, teaching in Portage (I think) and will finish his masters in organ performance this summer.  and then (2) when Scott and I were bidding adieu, we saw this guy ride by on a bicycle that was literally 6 feet tall.  The bike was taller than I am.  And he was riding down the street - looking just a little bit ridiculous, if I say so myself.  But what was absolutely hilarious was watching a guy on a regular sized bike ride past him.  The mere mortal was dwarfed by the monstrosity riding along side him.  That made my night.  What made it even more queer was that the bicycle entered the street from my friend Theresa's driveway (or at least I think it was her drive) T - do you know anyone with a 6 feet tall bike?

Anyway, I should get back to studying for the praxis.  4736 'Cool Points' for anyone who can guess where I am!

No comments: