Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cafe Bella

From the Italian, meaning beautiful coffee.  To which I agree.  If you haven't guessed, I am in, yet another, coffee shop.  Frequent purveyors of my blog will realize that I do most of my blogging in coffee shops.  So this coffee shop is right outside the Space Needle.  I found the downtown terminus of the Monorail and decided I should go see the Space Needle, but I didn't want to ride the there, so I decided to follow it and found myself at this little park next to this coffee shop, another Thai restaurant and a laundromat.  Thus I am enjoying my broccoli and cheese croissant and cafe americano.  Both are delicious.

Anyway.  About my interview yesterday.  For those of you who were not aware, this interview yesterday was at the place that, prior to leaving on my Out West Extravaganza,  I thought I really wanted to work at.  And, it seems like a good place to work.  There is one glitch (with all of my job possibilities) I fear that my desire to live without a car is quickly vanishing.  At this job my time would be split at the offices in Seattle and Bellevue (a suburb approximately 15 minutes away).  However, the interview itself went quite well.  Carol (my interviewer) took me to a private coffee shop just down the street from the office for our interview.  (That coffee was my fourth of the day 1- on the way to the airport, 2- in downtown Seattle, 3- waiting for my interview and 4- at the interview).  

On my Out West Extravaganza I find myself drinking a lot more coffee and eating less often - probably not the healthiest thing to be doing - but I having a great time doing it.  Yesterday I had Cheese Nips on the plane, and then some chips and salsa and 1/2 of minestrone soup.  I'm starting today off better with a broccoli and cheese croissant (I think I already mentioned that).  
Anyway, keeping with Seattle tradition, I saw yet another elderly man using a wheelchair today; however, I think he was a repeat from yesterday.  They are everywhere out here - I love it.  I love that they feel comfortable to come out and interact with society in day-to-day activities.  That's how it should be!  Due to the fact that I have seen so many of them (relatively) I assume that they do not encounter too much adverse reactions.  It would be interesting to talk to them about the reactions they get during their day to day interactions.

Anyway.  In Seattle the weather is beautiful.  Blue skies, clear view of Mt. Rainier.  The Sound is a picturesque shade of blue, David Gray has just come on over the speakers of Cafe Bella.  To all you people that said it rains so much in Seattle - it hasn't rained yet!  

Anyway.  I'm just about done with my (late) breakfast.  OH, I didn't tell you about my sleeping arrangements.  They are ... interesting.  I'm staying with my friend's brother in a house filled with several examples of the archetypical college undergrad male.  To be fair, two of them just graduated.  There are three of them (I think - there might be four, two of which are brothers).  I'm staying in was, at one time, a hookah lounge.  There are bean bags everywhere, red sponge paint radiating out from the window in lines whose width increases as they move away from the window (I assume in an attempt to simulate the sun), multi-colored veneer cloths hanging from the ceiling underneath which is a singular strand of multi-colored Christmas lights.  Furthermore, it has a slight twinge of cat pee to it (probably from the bean bags).  I'm sleeping on what my friend's brother called a futon.  This is not a futon, this is more like a long, overused pillow.  My friend didn't have a a blanket to give me, so we had to go buy one, as well as a pillow.  And he gave me a sheet to cover the 'futon'.  The sheet is an intricately designed  duvet cover.  Now, I'm not knocking my sleeping arrangements - they are free and these guys don't have the lifestyle to welcome a guest in comfort and leisure.  (however, a towel would have been nice - I might buy one today).  

Funny - I just saw a me walking around outside.  White guy with a backpack and camera walking around looking for pictures.  Alright, I think I'm going to sign off and go out an explore some more.

No comments: